Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes – Yummy!
I started with one of my favorite chocolate cake recipes, which you can find here, but modified a bit and made into cupcakes rather than the bundt. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Too-Much-Chocolate-Cake/Detail.aspx Then I added yummy cream cheese frosting and flaky coconut, as inspired by something I saw on Food Network. I’ll definitely be making these again.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, melted butter, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until tops are springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 2 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Beat first three ingredients until smooth, add vanilla and mix again. Frost cooled cupcakes and then dip the tops into flaked coconut.